Current Job Openings
West Lakes Surgery Center is looking to add a full-time system administrator to our team. The System Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and business partners. Provide impeccable support to end-users and provide timely solutions in troubleshooting issues. The right candidate should have:
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Install and configure systems such as supports healthcare infrastructure applications.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Identify approaches that leverage our resources.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures.
- Provide end user support to staff, physicians, and patients as required.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Upgrade and configure system software that supports the healthcare infrastructure applications and business needs.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
- interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people; regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving rather complex issues. Must have great interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with nurses, physicians, and patients.
- Provides guidance and training, some of which is technical.
- Functions as primary technical resource on-site; responsibility for training, instruction.
- No budget responsibility.
- Reports to IT Director.
- Bachelor (4-year) degree or Associates degree with a technical major or equivalent relevant experience.
- Technical certifications are preferred but not required.
- Two to four years with system administration/end-user support experience.
- Relevant experience with Windows Server, Hyper-V, MS SQL Server, Exchange, Office 365.
- Responsibilities may sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
- No regular travel required.
- The ability to lift or move 50lbs.
West Lakes Surgery Center provides a great benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, 401K, and paid time off.