Before My Surgery
Your doctor’s office will schedule your procedure. Please complete your surgery registration online - click here.
We may call you to:
- Obtain further information from you
- Answer any questions you may have about West Lakes Surgery Center and your upcoming procedure.
If you develop a fever, rash, or cold the day before your procedure, contact your doctor at once, as your procedure may need to be rescheduled.
- Arrange to bring a responsible driver with you who can remain in the surgery center while you are in surgery and drive you home. You will not be allowed to drive yourself home after your procedure.
- Make arrangements for a friend, relative, or other caregiver to stay with you for 24 hours following your surgery.
- If you have young children, arrange for someone to care for them for at least 24 hours after your surgery.
- If the patient is a child, at least one parent must remain in the center during surgery and recovery, so plan accordingly. Please DO NOT bring other young children along with you.*
- If you are a diabetic: Ask your physician how you should adjust your dose of insulin on the day of your procedure.
- Prepare to pay your part (co-pay, co-insurance, deductible) before surgery. If you need to make financial arrangements or need an estimate of your bill, please call 1-866-512-8844 before the day of surgery.
* If the patient is a child or a special needs adult, please read this.
The night before your surgery
Do NOT eat, drink, or chew anything after midnight, unless your doctor has given you other instructions! This includes gum, mints, candy, and chewing tobacco. Do NOT allow a child who is having surgery to eat or drink anything after midnight, including water, milk, any type of juice, soft drinks or Kool-Aid. Do NOT allow the child to chew gum suck on candy, or swallow toothpaste before surgery.
Do NOT smoke after midnight.